Saturday 7 May 2016

Toil, Toil, Trouble, Trouble and No Double

What an absolutely awful start to the weekend. Briefly, Lombard shot plus five today. Ouch. The course was playing hard and the conditions are usually tougher going out later in the day but five over still hurts, especially when the average score for the day is 73.7, meaning that two over is worse than average. Unfortunately for me, not everyone shot five over, which means that Lombard’s chances of winning are smashed on the rocks, as I will be when I find a suitably large cliff. I wonder if they make toasters big enough to go in the sea.

The weather is set to get even worse tomorrow, which does mean my chap is in with an outside chance, but unfortunately the next paragraph has ruined my hopes. 

Secondly, and just to really bruise the ego, Phil. Mickleson has long been touted as having the best short game in golf but today it really let him down. He missed three greens with a 64 degree in his hand and I decided to commission and employ the use of the world’s largest toaster, just in case dashing my head off the rocks at Beachy Head doesn’t quite do the job. Phil also found more water than Columbus and therefore I can hear the heady rumblings of the H2NO campaign coming back to the fore. By the way Phil took an 8 at 18. 

Rickie Fowler looks dominant in Quail Hollow, and the only man who can probably challenge him is Justin Rose. As well as Castro played today I can’t imagine him holding up to the pressure tomorrow in what, if the wind gets up, will make level par an exceptional score. Loopy Loupe doesn't have a hope in hell, and looks as nervous as my rubber duck every time I put the toaster on. Castro has finished on -8 and Loupe has finished on -6 after they both found the green side bunker, leaving Fowler with a one shot lead in to a tournament that he has won before. 

I have already spoken on the confidence boost that he will need going in to next week and I think that leading at this point will be enough, and anything further will be a bonus. 


It seems that the Grim Reaper really is after me, and I don’t have the scythe yet, but I will do soon. Also, I'm not killing myself over £5. 

Yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment