Saturday 5 March 2016

Great Scott!

Adam Scott is the Number 1 player in the world right now. Either he, Rickie Fowler or Jason Day will be World Number 1 by the end of the year. His ball striking ability is second to none, and his towering powerful iron shots put fear in to the hearts of the remaining golfing elite. Even though Mcilroy gained 5 shots on him today, he will still win this tournament. 

Mcilroy is exceptional. There is no doubt. But the amazing Adam will do this. Even though I already consider my betting to be over the top this week with 14 players selected, and 2, possibly 3 and maybe even 4 still in contention, I have decided to stretch myself even thinner and have had £50 on Scotty at 11/2. He pipped my boy last week and almost caused me an upset the week before, so hopefully the Amazing Antipodean can conquer Florida, and see off the most unreliable finisher in the world of Golf, and the most boring Northern Irishman to ever play the game. 

The Spanish Inquisition, comprising Garcia (also backed) and Cabrero-Bello (Cabrero-Crumble) are coming up the inside. 

Luscious Lefties Bubba and Phil (whom I sometimes call Bill or Bilbo for no real reason) are powerful and experienced contenders with serious Green Jacket potential this year and are also in exceptional form with stunning mental outlooks on life and the game and could apply very real pressure. Rickie had an 8 on the 3rd today and still managed to shoot one under, so if you're looking for a late day charger, look no further. Whether or not it will be enough, remains to be seen. 

Lahiri, an incredibly hard working up and comer has had three solid rounds and I think is good value for a top 5 finish at 6s. But with all of my firepower snuffed out, that one will have to be missed. 

In bad news, poor old Snedeker withdrew from the tournament after one round. Low bone turnover is to blame. A niggle for a few years, this week it proved to be too much, and he withdrew. With Augusta burning brighter than a supernova on the horizon this was probably for the best. For him. Not for me. My largest investment (pre-tournament) was on SuperSned so I felt quite sick. Sned really puts me through the wringer. So do all golfists. And water on the golf course. And water everywhere. H2NO campaign is ago. Who needs enemies when you can punt? 

Anyway, back to Sned. Somehow, incredulously, BetVictor's LiveChat service voided my bet on Snedeker. 

I immediately reinvested with £5 ew on Bill (Phil) and another £10 on the Lanky Aussie Scott. 

Good luck to me. 

P.S. Donaldson shot four over today so goodbye to that. 

P.P.S I was right about Fraser, Piercy, Hoffman and Dufner. 

P.P.P.S Please let me be right about Scott. I love you Adam. 


No comments:

Post a Comment