Saturday 27 February 2016

Foul Farmers "Insurance"

This was a massive week. The Farmers Insurance Open. The Qatar Masters. The Singapore Open, and a HOT tip from the web.com (Adam Svensson). Four-Fold fortuity seemed inevitable.

The Commercial Bank Qatar battery included Fitzpatrick, Peter Hason, Jaidee, Pieters, Wood, and Johan Carlsson. Thirteenth and twentieth were the best to be mustered, a hopeful slump on Mickleson garnered no fruit, and a chunk on Day mustered no dreams either.

Final-day fear set in and I attempted to up the ante. Doubles were flying about like nobody’s business, Day and Hung-An disappointed all. Grace and Dustin started well, but as usual (for him and me) strong finishing was not to be found. The former power-lifter and long-time PGA Tour workhorse KJ Choi found himself on my final day staking plan. The final, and weakest string to my bow was a £1 ew flutter on Snedeker @100s for some "Insurance". I almost seemed responsible.

Play was already suspended, and Sned looked invigorated during a post-suspension-pre-recommencement interview. SuperSned threw out the round of the century. A three-under 69 in those conditions would have been difficult for Zeus to muster. Sned was one behind the lead, and a firm 8/13 favourite.
But PGA Tour organisers had other ideas for Greg’s aspirations of economic prosperity. They called play for the day.

Thoughts swam through my head like sharks beneath an emaciated seal. Doubt furrowed my brow, a cashout figure of £54 invigorated my throbbing thoracic nerve. Scared of flipping a coin for the decision, I checked the local weather, Winds seemed to be extremely down from the day before, and I took the effective 40/1 £1ew win, happy as Harold.

Obviously, goof decisions are not in my form, and Snedeker eventually won, not having to play on the Monday, and KJ Choi had a horrific forty footer to force the play off, effectively costing me £73 and proving that again, cashout is for mugs,
Oh well, ammo is ammo.

No comments:

Post a Comment